[Mgs] Starting Problem

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] Starting Problem
From: DMatt21502@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 15:37:06 -0500 (EST)
After the responses I received, I checked the voltage on both sides of my
coil. I am getting 11.47 volts on both sides. I don't think this small drop
in  voltage would cause the car not to start. I checked the rotor closely
and cannot  see any problem with it. The cap appears ok but I have had bad
distributor caps  in the past that looked fine and were defective. The
defective caps usually  would allow the car to run but would miss at higher
RPM. I
find it hard to  imagine a defective cap not allowing the car to start but
then running fine when  finally started. Someone suggested moisture in the
cap, but wouldn't that tend  to evaporate after a few days? There is no
evidence of leakage from the heater  control valve so I have eliminated that as
cause. I guess I am to  the point of replacing components one at a time until
I find the culprit. Any  other ideas would be welcomed at this point.  Dave
 Matthews

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75