Re: [Mgs] Starting Problem

To: <DMatt21502@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Starting Problem
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 09:24:18 -0000
That voltage both side of the coil shows the points or 45DE4 trigger are not
closed - if you had either of those.  Again if you had either of those you
could turn the engine manually and at some point you should see the
distributor side of the coil drop to zero volts which would be an earth from
the points or trigger, and stay there until the engine had been turned past
the point at which the HT is required.  But with the 45DM4 you imply you
have this sends a very short pulse at the timing point no matter how slow
the engine is turning.  This is why I explained you need to be more
imaginative when doing voltage tests on the low voltage side of the coil.

You also need to clarify what you mean by getting 'nothing' at the coil when
cranking.  Do you mean the voltage dropped to zero all the time on both
sides while cranking?  Or nothing changed i.e. you still have the same
voltage both sides while cranking?

PaulH.