[Mgs] Team.Net Notes

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Mgs] Team.Net Notes
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 19:02:03 -0700
One thing I have done to counteract the recent flurry of hijacked email
addresses
sending bad stuff through the the list is change the list settings for
number of
allowed recipients.  Most of them include at least half a dozen or so
addresses,
maybe more, in each message as they go through the victim's address list.

I've lowered the limit to 3.  While this will stop a fair amount of the
bad stuff
from getting sent to the lists, it will also delay some legitimate
messages.
If folks send off nested replies with many recipients their mail will be
held,
waiting for me to approve it and send it on.  I'll work on being more
diligent
about going through the pending admin requests [ 7,438 at the moment ]
to separate the wheat from the chaff.

And an advance notice - the annual fund drive will be coming up in a
month or so,
I will try and get all the forum and FTP issues resolved before asking
for contributions.
Never ending chores - I think I'll ask the man in charge for a raise!

mjb.