Re: [Mgs] MGs in the big city

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGs in the big city
From: Max Heim <mvheim@sonic.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 14:30:22 -0700
I would have said that Portland & Seattle had a fairly thriving LBC
community, but still, you have to consider... out of a million people, how
many of them are driving their LBCs on a given day, and happen to cross your
path? For a more rigorous sampling, stake out a vantage point near 5 or 84
during commute hours.

Here in the Bay Area I see one maybe every couple of weeks, but I don't get
out much (I might only drive 4 times in two weeks). But when I do drive into
SF or Oakland, I'm just as likely to use the MGB as anything else. I don't
see any downside (other than rain -- this is a larger factor in the NW --
it's a factor for me because my top seals leak and I have summer tires) --
it gets great mileage, is nimble in traffic, and is easy to park. Of course,
mine already has an urban-industrial patina -- some people might be
concerned about vandalism or parking scrapes.

Anyway, I believe we have at least one other Pullman resident on the list.
Aaron, I think?

Should be lots of nice drives in the area, up the hills or down the gorge.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

--