Re: [Mgs] worn keys- suggestion

To: "mgs@Autox.Team.Net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] worn keys- suggestion
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 14:00:09 -0500
This didn't get on the list for some reason so I'm sending it again with
an edit.
===============================================================================================================

When I bought my'69B the PO had only one key which wasn't original. The
local lock shop came up with some blanks that worked.  One side of these
little silver-colored keys says "Fits National."  The others side says
"Taylor 71B."  Both ignition keys will turn the switch to Run but not to
Start unless inserted into the lock with the smooth side up.  The key I
got from the PO operates both the ignition & boot lock.  Never tried the
door locks.  Why lock a convertible?

*Edit:*  The key I got from the PO looks similar to a early GM ignition
key.  It's marked "Cole National" on one side, on the other it's marked
"EN2."  I just tried the original in the door locks and it works, FWIW.

CR