Re: [Mgs] oil pressure delay question

To: PaulHunt73 <paulhunt73@virginmedia.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] oil pressure delay question
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 19:34:27 -0500
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net, Duvall Video Productions <mike@duvallvideo.com>
Paul,

Let me begin by asking if you were responding to an earlier post of mine?

If so, note that  wrote, "almost dry" not  "dry. "   What I meant by
thet was that the bearings were not floating in oil, as they would have
been after a day or so of inactivity.

  I think the OP was speaking of a MGB 4 cyl engine.  That's post I
responded to.

Yes, in the case of my engine and the original OP's,  AIR, if the engine
isn't cranked for 10 - 15 seconds before allowing it to start,, the rods
will rattle after starting,  until the oil flow & resulting pressure
comes up.   That's why I make a practice of cranking the engine for
10-15 seconds  unchoked, before choking and starting it.  This is only
if the engine has not been started for more than two days.

I hope this clears any confusion for you,

CR