Re: [Mgs] Yay Moss - lighting upgrade report

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Yay Moss - lighting upgrade report
From: Max Heim <mvheim@sonic.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 11:45:33 -0700
One more factor I should probably mention: the front marker lamps are
supposed to have thick foam gaskets. Mine were totally decayed, so I cut new
cork gaskets, that are pretty thick themselves, and not very compressible.
But I don't think it can just be an issue with missing gaskets, because the
lens contacts the bulb before one even get the threads started on the
screws. If the gasket were supposed to hold the lens away from the bulb, I
would need longer screws.