Re: [Mgs] another oil question? really?

To: crk@godblessthe.us
Subject: Re: [Mgs] another oil question? really?
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 12:40:56 -0500
Cc: "mgs@Autox.Team.Net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
I'm just curious; how many miles did you put on the engine between those
3 rebuilds?

As to ovality; new pistons are oval somewhat.  It's called "cam
ground."  The idea is that as they heat up they become round through
heat expansion.  Different parts of the piston expand in different amounts.

I have a feeling your engine isn't broken in yet.  I'd put 20W50 VR-1 &
a new oilf filter in the engine and take it on the road, driving it
normally.  See how the oil consumption is after a couple more thousand
miles.

CR