Re: [Mgs] brake pressure failure switch '72 MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] brake pressure failure switch '72 MGB
From: David Ambrose <stargazer1@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 15:28:16 -0700
You should never see brake fluid under that switch. Beneath the switch
is a piston (Moss calls it a shuttle). There are o-rings on the piston
which should seal it against brake fluid. You probably need to pull the
whole thing and replace the o-rings, and the piston itself if it's
corroded. You may need to hone the cylinder too.

Moss sells a couple of repair kits for that unit. I have the o-rings and
they work fine. I don't know whether the umbrella seals are worth the
extra money, but if the o-rings depend on a swelling agent to seal, the
umbrella seals would make sense.

Cheers,
Dave Ambrose