[Mgs] 54 TF ammeter question

To: "" <mgs@autox.team.net> boundary="----=_Part_4034454_243230802.1421594652404"
Subject: [Mgs] 54 TF ammeter question
From: dontoy--- via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 15:24:12 +0000 (UTC)
Thread-index: 0OdrKHcLOrqb+XamxrLIOBQ8boNdWw== s=q20140121; t=1421594653; bh=++Q4N+eBU9EomCAfGE1XyXg9JqHU4+lDHvI9FkkVK9s=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=Ohheix9/w+WSxqnUfg1qvBfE1EsnDBvFMp9+lxnQUr/fiF0BNtx7UmmW9Rn6NiD9C /HoVnajy2NLBVhF3/NQkJPdtl4zgYk9CMhpRqAAII6ZnM40km5L9xKHSAuM/jX5Reg a+PzyNjuRzIZz1/pgLR5JxVb3i8e3XyvOmqGHQXQ94XoYPxOLuhZqea62rxq3q+LoM //Vz6QxVk4JkPajqT4yCl9c+aVrVoB7QQ2kElWaQlPcuFKPKZLSToqqIluXNme+/Ru ueihCzyWvIFnVTUN5QUGIlKTD61G44an2lY6LZKio890esXtqDEdUpmmG2jDuDwku8 okDWC24xvLGyA==

ch my father drove home from Pittsburgh in 1971. After an electrical proble=
m way back then the ammeter got fried, along with damaging the temperature =
gauge. In an effort to go back to original I sent both units out for restor=
ation to MoMa. I installed the temperature gauge first and it went up to 18=
5* and held it there. That made me smile. Then I installed the ammeter. Sin=
ce I had did the polarity switch (now a negative ground car) I wasn't sure =
which wire went on which terminal. I just guessed and put the brown with wh=
ite on the left terminal, the solid brown on the right. &nbsp;Of course upo=
n starting the car, the ammeter ran in the negative side. 50% chance and I =
guessed wrong. So I thought. After reversing the wires I got the same resul=
t. I know I'm charging since I have never had a problem. I don't run a tric=
kle charger and can start the car anytime in go out into the garage, even a=
fter months. Is this just one of the effects of switching the polarity or i=
s there something I'm missing. I was showing a charge on the aftermarket un=
it that I was trying to replace. Ideas? <br>Don Toy<br>" all great men are =
dead... And I'm not feeling well"<br><br>Sent from Xfinity Connect Mobile A=
------=_Part_4034454_243230802.1421594652404