Re: [Mgs] UK List Users

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] UK List Users
From: PaulHunt73 via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 08:39:52 -0000
Top Gear is NOT 'reality' TV, in the way that 'reality' TV is on UK TV at
least.  They all rely on a succession of people desperate for their 15
minutes of fame.  The participants are unscripted but the situations and
occurrences are - very carefully, for health and safety reasons at the very
least.  Neither they nor TG can be considered to have a 'documentary style',
going by any documentary that I have watched.  Yes, 'reality' shows have low
production costs - "line ten people up and let's see how big a fool they can
make out of themselves", incomparable with TG costs said to be £7M per
series, and that's before the Big Three have been paid.  Some of stunts TG
have pulled cost a lot of money, unlike seeing how long someone can sit in a
bath of poo eating cockroaches, while pretending to be in an equatorial
jungle.