Re: [Mgs] [Mgb-v8] Speaker locations

To: PaulHunt73 <paulhunt73@virginmedia.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] [Mgb-v8] Speaker locations
From: Paul Root via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2018 07:10:58 -0500
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net, MGB List <mgs@autox.team.net>

--000000000000b78dda057688c4ff

I would agree, the foot well area is structural. You don't want to cut
that. A box in back would be best.

It also wouldn't need a good location for anything but a sub-woofer as the
sound would be very muddled.

I have Miata seats, those work well. Otherwise, you need to get mid-range
and high end up without obstruction to be able to hear.

On Sun, Sep 23, 2018, 3:37 AM PaulHunt73 <paulhunt73@virginmedia.com> wrote:

> Small ones in the door cards as per the factory.  Larger ones in the B-post
> cards.  Pods on the rear shelf.  MX5 seats or similar with them in the head
> restraints.  Maybe small pods under the dash.  Whilst the GT is inherently
> stronger than the roadster I wouldn't cut into the footwells, it's part of
> the
> strength in a frontal impact.

I would agree, the foot well area is structural. You don&#39;t want to cut =
&#39;t need a good location for anything but a sub-woofer as the sound woul=
e Miata seats, those work well. Otherwise, you need to get mid-range and hi=
gh end up without obstruction to be able to hear.</div><div dir=3D"auto"><b=
n Sun, Sep 23, 2018, 3:37 AM PaulHunt73 &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:paulhunt73@vi=
te class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc so=
lid;padding-left:1ex">Small ones in the door cards as per the factory.=C2=
=A0 Larger ones in the B-post<br>
cards.=C2=A0 Pods on the rear shelf.=C2=A0 MX5 seats or similar with them i=
n the head<br>
restraints.=C2=A0 Maybe small pods under the dash.=C2=A0 Whilst the GT is i=
nherently<br>
stronger than the roadster I wouldn&#39;t cut into the footwells, it&#39;s =
part of the<br>
strength in a frontal impact.<br>
=C2=A0 ----- Original Message -----<br>
=C2=A0 I want to put a radio in my MGB GT and puzzled as to where to site t=
he<br>
speakers.=C2=A0 =C2=A0Is it alright to cut a circle in the body work either=
 side of<br>
where ones legs go - seemingly into the wing cavities?<br>
m.net</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D=