Re: [Mgs] MGB Turn Signals

To: "Jack Wheeler" <jwheeler1947@yahoo.com>, "Mglist" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGB Turn Signals
From: PaulHunt73 via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 08:47:34 -0000 jq+ey6KaEX5i9Th+V+mAZoAGiEAK4AhHn5ir4FYmiI+Uke3gpouWGH+BhzdYaGCiT56p4jrVSweLh2kL38AghZ0kT1+OoaJ5Zts=

--===============5926792774034406033==
        boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0017_01D4DBD4.E674F000"

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01D4DBD4.E674F000
        charset="UTF-8"

As you say not the flasher unit or neither side would work.

Does the right-hand tell-tale light up on the right side?  If it does =
then check the bullet connector with three green/white wires where the =
rear harness joins the main harness at the rear of the engine =
compartment on the right side.  The front circuit goes into that and =
come back out again which is why that connector can affect both ends of =
the car.

If the tell-tale doesn't light either then it will be either the switch =
contacts or the multi-plug as Hans says.

PaulH.
  ----- Original Message -----=20

  I have a 1971 MGB.  The right side turn signals do not work.  Left =
side works fine, and the 4 Way flashers work, as well (all 4).  I have =
replaced the bulbs in the front and rear turn signals on the right side, =
and checked to see that all of the fuses are OK, but still no turn =
signals on the right side.  Any ideas?
------=_NextPart_000_0017_01D4DBD4.E674F000
        charset="UTF-8"

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8" http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>As you say not the flasher unit or neither side=20
would&nbsp;work.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Does the right-hand tell-tale light up on the right=20
side?&nbsp; If&nbsp;it does&nbsp;then check the bullet connector with =
three=20
green/white wires where the rear harness joins the main harness at the =
rear of=20
the engine compartment on the right side.&nbsp; The front circuit goes =
into that=20
and come back out again which is why that connector can affect both ends =
of the=20
car.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>If the tell-tale doesn't light either then it will =
be either=20
the switch contacts or the multi-plug as Hans says.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>PaulH.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT><BR></DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; =
FONT-SIZE: 13px"=20
  class=3Dydp4703184eyahoo-style-wrap>I have a 1971 MGB.&nbsp; The right =
side turn=20
  signals do not work.&nbsp; Left side works fine, and the 4 Way =
flashers work,=20
  as well (all 4).&nbsp; I have replaced the bulbs in the front and rear =
turn=20
  signals on the right side, and checked to see that all of the fuses =
are OK,=20
  but still no turn signals on the right side.&nbsp; Any=20
ideas?</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>