Re: [Mgs] MGB Turn Signals

Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGB Turn Signals
From: PaulHunt73 via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 08:56:26 -0000 5mcB+hSCdl6MVsfrWpHiHew0U97L9S4TMoPfVBrChJKaIgl3Fj/FT4Mu
Cc: <mgs@autox.team.net>

--===============4288479508940388574==
        boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0081_01D4DBD6.23737340"

------=_NextPart_000_0081_01D4DBD6.23737340
        charset="Windows-1252"

If it was a problem at the corners of the car including earth/ground =
there then the hazard flashers wouldn't light that corner, it's unlikely =
both ends one side would fail at the same time, and they would stop =
flashing as soon as the first corner failed.

Whilst the turn flasher IS fed through the hazard flasher switch if =
there were a problem there then likewise neither side would work.

Logic, gentlemen!
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  I have a 1971 MGB.  The right side turn signals do not work.  Left =
side works fine, and the 4 Way flashers work, as well (all 4).  I have =
replaced the bulbs in the front and rear turn signals on the right side, =
and checked to see that all of the fuses are OK, but still no turn =
signals on the right side.  Any ideas?

  I'm thinking maybe the flasher unit, but it seems like if the left =
side turn signals work OK, then the flasher should be OK.  So, I'm stuck.
------=_NextPart_000_0081_01D4DBD6.23737340
        charset="Windows-1252"

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>If it was a problem at the corners of the car =
including=20
earth/ground there then the hazard flashers wouldn't light that=20
corner,&nbsp;it's unlikely both ends one side would fail at the same =
time, and=20
they would stop flashing as soon as the first corner =
failed.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Whilst the turn flasher&nbsp;IS fed through the =
hazard flasher=20
switch if there were a problem there then likewise neither side would=20
work.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Logic, gentlemen!</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"=20
dir=3Dltr>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- <BR>I =
have a 1971=20
  MGB.&nbsp; The right side turn signals do not work.&nbsp; Left side =
works=20
  fine, and the 4 Way flashers work, as well (all 4).&nbsp; I have =
replaced the=20
  bulbs in the front and rear turn signals on the right side, and =
checked to see=20
  that all of the fuses are OK, but still no turn signals on the right=20
  side.&nbsp; Any ideas?</DIV>
  <DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; =
FONT-SIZE: 13px"=20
  class=3Dydp4703184eyahoo-style-wrap><FONT size=3D2 =
face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; =
FONT-SIZE: 13px"=20
  class=3Dydp4703184eyahoo-style-wrap>I'm thinking maybe the flasher =
unit, but it=20
  seems like if the left side turn signals work OK, then the flasher =
should be=20
  OK.&nbsp; So, I'm stuck.</DIV></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>