Re: [Mgs] Oil Additive

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Oil Additive
From: Charley Robinson via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2019 00:30:27 -0500

--------------6E3805D6949AE2AD29D47256

I've been reading up on it to refresh my memory.  A lot of folks just
take other peoples' word for it.

CR

On 7/5/2019 9:02 PM, Max Heim via Mgs wrote:
> Only certain weights. You have to read the labels, or usually the spec
> sheets.
>
> --
> Max Heim
>

>> On Jul 5, 2019, at 6:15 PM, FrankK <frankk12@verizon.net
>>
>> I assume all those brands include the correct ZDDP proportions./

  <head>
  </head>
    I've been reading up on it to refresh my memory.  A lot of folks
    just take other peoples' word for it.<br>
    CR<br>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:E2322893-BFC2-4328-AAB7-95EFBFD76A3E@sonic.net">
      Only certain weights. You have to read the labels, or usually the
      spec sheets.
              moz-do-not-send="true">mvheim@sonic.net</a></div>
                href="mailto:frankk12@verizon.net"; class=""
                moz-do-not-send="true">frankk12@verizon.net</a>&gt;
              wrote:</div>
                http-equiv="Content-Type" class="">
                space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space" dir="ltr"
                class="">
                    class="">
                      correct ZDDP proportions./ </div>
                      font-family: Calibri; font-weight: normal;
                      font-style: normal; display: inline;" class="">
                              class="">From:</b> <a
                              title="mvheim@sonic.net" class=""
                              moz-do-not-send="true">Max Heim</a> </div>
                            July 5, 2019 9:02 PM</div>
                              title="frankk12@verizon.net" class=""
                              moz-do-not-send="true">FrankK</a> ; <a
                              title="mgs@autox.team.net" class=""
                              moz-do-not-send="true">MG List</a> </div>
                            [Mgs] Oil Additive</div>
                      font-family: Calibri; font-weight: normal;
                      font-style: normal; display: inline;" class="">Right,
                      but there are other brands. I use Mobil1 15W50.
                      Others use Royal Purple, Joe Gibbs, Kendall or
                      AMSoil brands.
                              moz-do-not-send="true">mvheim@sonic.net</a></div>
                              FrankK &lt;<a class=""

moz-do-not-send="true">frankk12@verizon.net</a>&gt;
                              wrote:</div>
                                -webkit-nbsp-mode: space;
                                -webkit-line-break: after-white-space"
                                dir="ltr" class="">
                                    FONT-FAMILY: calibri" class="">
                                      Valvoline Racing Oil (not for
                                      street use!) but after some of the
                                      negative comments on here
                                      regarding its use I am questioning
                                      its use now. </div>
                                      TEXT-DECORATION: none;
                                      FONT-FAMILY: calibri; FONT-WEIGHT:
                                      normal; FONT-STYLE: normal;
                                      DISPLAY: inline" class="">
                                        class="">
                                          class="">
                                            class=""><b class="">From:</b>
                                            <a
                                              title="mgs@autox.team.net"
                                              class=""
                                              moz-do-not-send="true">Max
                                              Heim via Mgs</a> </div>
                                            Friday, July 5, 2019 6:41 PM</div>
                                            <a
                                              title="mgs@autox.team.net"
                                              class=""
                                              moz-do-not-send="true">MG
                                              List</a> </div>
                                            Re: [Mgs] Oil Additive</div>
                                      TEXT-DECORATION: none;
                                      FONT-FAMILY: calibri; FONT-WEIGHT:
                                      normal; FONT-STYLE: normal;
                                      DISPLAY: inline" class="">
                                        Charleyâ?¦ I did that for a while
                                        but it was inconvenient, and
                                        once I found a proper oil it was
                                        pointless.</div>
                                        have to top off your oil by
                                        adding a quart between changes
                                        (as is common), are you also
                                        adding the exact proportional
                                        amount of your additive? Itâ??s
                                        just impractical to deal with on
                                        a regular basis. There is
                                        nothing magical about Castrol
                                        20W50.</div>
                                          break-word; WHITE-SPACE:
                                          normal; WORD-SPACING: 0px;
                                          TEXT-TRANSFORM: none;
                                          LETTER-SPACING: normal;
                                          TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
                                          -webkit-nbsp-mode: space;
                                          -webkit-line-break:
                                          after-white-space;
                                          -webkit-text-stroke-width:
                                          0px" class="">
                                            break-word; WHITE-SPACE:
                                            normal; WORD-SPACING: 0px;
                                            TEXT-TRANSFORM: none;
                                            LETTER-SPACING: normal;
                                            TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
                                            -webkit-nbsp-mode: space;
                                            -webkit-line-break:
                                            after-white-space;
                                            -webkit-text-stroke-width:
                                            0px" class="">
                                              MARGIN: 0px" class="">--</div>
                                              MIN-HEIGHT: 16px; MARGIN:
                                              0px" class="">Max Heim</div>
                                              MARGIN: 0px" class="">'66
                                              MGB</div>
                                            at 3:26 PM, Charley Robinson
                                            via Mgs &lt;<a class=""

moz-do-not-send="true">mgs@autox.team.net</a>&gt;
                                            wrote:</div>
                                              text="#000000" class="">Why
                                              raise your cost by adding
                                              an additive when there are
                                              oils that already have the
                                              zinc?  I use VR1; all the
                                              local auto parts stores
                                              have it.<br class="">
                                              CR<br class="">
                                                class="moz-cite-prefix">On
                                                7/5/2019 10:50 AM,
                                                FrankK via Mgs wrote:<br
                                                  class="">

cite="mid:CB90691B2D724F519195CE7A463EED35@FrankPC"
                                                type="cite" class="">
                                                    12pt; FONT-FAMILY:
                                                    calibri" class="">
                                                      was a great deal
                                                      of  discussion
                                                      here regarding the
                                                      use of different
                                                      oil to compensate
                                                      for the lack of
                                                      ZDDP in oil these
                                                      days.  I didnâ??t
                                                      see anyone include
                                                      a discussion of
                                                      the practice of
                                                      adding ZDDP to oil
                                                      that is lacking in
                                                      it.  There are
                                                      several sources
                                                      where it is
                                                      available and I
                                                      have availed
                                                      myself of it and
                                                      added it to my
                                                      Castrol 20-50 when
                                                      I change the oil
                                                      in my 80 MGBLE. </div>
                                                      there a problem in
                                                      doing this in lieu
                                                      of using Valvoline
                                                      Racing Oil say? </div>
                                                      Krajewski</div>
                                      <hr class="">

_______________________________________________<br
                                        class="">
                                      <a class=""
moz-do-not-send="true">Mgs@autox.team.net</a><br
                                        class="">
                                      Donate: <a
                                        href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";
                                        class=""
moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br
                                        class="">
                                      Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br
                                        class="">
                                      Archive: <a
                                        href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs";
                                        class=""
moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs</a>
                                      <a
                                        href="http://autox.team.net/archive";
                                        class=""
moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br
                                        class="">
                                      Unsubscribe: <a

href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/frankk12@verizon.net";
                                        class=""
moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/frankk12@verizon.net</a><br
                                        class="">
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"
wrap="">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Mgs@autox.team.net";>Mgs@autox.team.net</a>

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/archive";>http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/charley38@twc.com";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/charley38@twc.com</a>
</pre>

--------------6E3805D6949AE2AD29D47256--

--===============0690780781257206653==