[Mgs] OT, because its too quiet

To: MGs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] OT, because its too quiet
From: Richard Lindsay via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2019 06:50:47 -0500

--000000000000455c70058f5d52ac

Hello Friends,

   Its very quiet here now. I have a few words to share, breaking that
silence. First a plan for the Maserati Biturbo and second, an update on the
other project eating my retirement hours: my TR6.
   In a few days, my wife and I are attending a destination wedding
followed shortly thereafter by a short cruise. In total I will be away from
the shop for 11 days. My car work is necessarily going on hold. Before that
hiatus begins I will exercise, or at least start and warm up all of my cars
as I have done semi-religiously.

   The professional shop that said they would diagnose and repair my
Biturbo, has quit returning my calls. I can only assume that they do not
want the work. That's okay. Money saved. I have other plans.
   As I wrote earlier, I intend to remove the engine from my parts car.
With the engine on the engine stand, access to it's turbos will be much
simpler. This exercise will also familiarize myself with the extraction
peculiarities, useful later when I service my 35k miles car.
   I have also purchased a used oil cooled turbo from a 2.5 liter Biturbo.
The ebay cost was marginally less than the rebuild kit that I purchased
earlier from Lenny at Auto-Italia. I will rebuild this unit in advance of
retrieving the two turbos from the parts car. At the very least, doing so
will be a learning exercise.

   In other news; Work on my Triumph TR6 is once again on hold. Every
mechanical system on the car is restored except for the rear brake
hydraulics. With mostly new or freshened parts in hand I began reassembly
yesterday morning. All went well until I attached the cross pipe to the
two-way distribution block. The steel pipe fitting threaded in okay but as
I snugged the bubble flair fitting down, the brass threads in the block cut
free and the fitting became loose once again. The distribution block is
damaged beyond repair. Fortunately, this is one of the parts that is
available in the spares market. $23 later, a new block is on order and on
its way. A further $16 invested and a new cross pipe is coming too. New
threads to mate with new threads.

   That's it from north-west Houston. Perhaps after I tire from these other
quests I'll get the head (top) on my TD! Then again, there are those four
side screens to recover...

Rick

--000000000000455c70058f5d52ac

rgin:16px 0px"><div style=3D""><div dir=3D"auto" style=3D"">Hello Friends,<=
div dir=3D"auto" style=3D""><br><div dir=3D"auto">=C2=A0 =C2=A0Its very qui=
et here now. I have a few words to share, breaking that silence. First a pl=
an for the Maserati Biturbo and second, an update on the other project eati=
ng my retirement hours: my TR6.</div><div dir=3D"auto">=C2=A0 =C2=A0In a fe=
w days, my wife and I are attending a destination wedding followed shortly =
thereafter by a short cruise. In total I will be away from the shop for 11 =
days. My car work is necessarily going on hold. Before that hiatus begins I=
 will exercise, or at least start and warm up all of my cars as I have done=
=A0 =C2=A0The professional shop that said they would diagnose and repair my=
 Biturbo, has quit returning my calls. I can only assume that they do not w=
ant the work. That&#39;s okay. Money saved. I have other plans.</div><div d=
ir=3D"auto">=C2=A0 =C2=A0As I wrote earlier, I intend to remove the engine =
from my parts car. With=C2=A0the engine on the engine stand,=C2=A0access to=
 it&#39;s turbos will be much simpler. This exercise will also familiarize=
=C2=A0myself with the extraction peculiarities, useful later when I service=
 my 35k miles car.</div><div dir=3D"auto">=C2=A0 =C2=A0I have also purchase=
d a used oil cooled turbo from a 2.5 liter Biturbo. The ebay cost was margi=
nally less than the rebuild kit that I purchased earlier from Lenny at Auto=
-Italia. I will rebuild this unit in advance of retrieving the two turbos f=
rom the parts car. At the very least, doing so will be a learning exercise.=
ews; Work on my Triumph TR6 is once again on hold. Every mechanical system =
on the car is restored except for the rear brake hydraulics. With mostly ne=
w or freshened parts in hand I began reassembly yesterday morning. All went=
 well until I attached the cross pipe to the two-way distribution block. Th=
e steel pipe fitting threaded in okay but as I snugged the bubble flair fit=
ting down, the brass threads in the block cut free and the fitting became l=
oose once again. The distribution block is damaged beyond repair. Fortunate=
ly, this is one of the parts that is available in the spares market.=C2=A0<=
span class=3D"money">$23</span>=C2=A0later, a new block is on order and on =
its way. A further=C2=A0<span class=3D"money">$16</span>=C2=A0invested and =
a new cross pipe is coming too. New threads to mate with new threads.</div>=
om north-west Houston. Perhaps after I tire from these other quests I&#39;l=

--===============7944710778584572573==