Re: [Mgs] Seat Fittings.

To: <rrengineer.mike@att.net>, "MGs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Seat Fittings.
From: PaulHunt73 via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2020 08:22:08 -0000 jq2+QarZodq+Khi9+flqGxiiDyAG7k1XHdl8hWYZdgwCtJVYW+oEMlWjshSuqxcVaej5Y69gjq1YzIouckotng7kq/xnW7QK0YI=

--===============4913019481184570284==
        boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0043_01D5F1FD.FEBB3800"

------=_NextPart_000_0043_01D5F1FD.FEBB3800
        charset="utf-8"

After all this time the webbing is unlikely to be original, even though =
you might be sitting on the floor.  I've replaced that in my 73 roadster =
twice in 30 years, and the 75 V8 once in 25, even though I've done more =
miles in the V8.  Avoid the diaphragms, the embedded wires that hook to =
the frame pull out all to easily according to several accounts.

I've recovered the roadster seats twice (the first seat were poor =
quality) and the V8 once, and kept the foams which are original to the =
cars, and have all been in good nick.  Replacement foams are far too =
dense - tops of thighs pressed up against the steering wheel and head =
tilted to one side in a GT.  A number of people say they've had to cut a =
slice off the bottom, or drill a series of holes through.

Of course, how much 'sag' you get depends on how much you weigh.  The =
factory only allowed for 150lb per person ...

PaulH.
  ----- Original Message -----=20

  I am finally addressing the driver's seat in my "new to me" MGB GT.  =
When I sit in the driver's seat the cushion bottoms out so that I am =
being jabbed on both sides by the tubular frame.  Not conducive to long =
distance driving.  The foam in the seat must be original as it has =
turned brown in exposed areas and is way too soft.
------=_NextPart_000_0043_01D5F1FD.FEBB3800
        charset="utf-8"

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8" http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>After all this time&nbsp;the webbing&nbsp;is =
unlikely to be=20
original, even though you&nbsp;might be&nbsp;sitting on the floor.&nbsp; =
I've=20
replaced that in my 73 roadster twice in 30 years, and the 75 V8 once in =
25,=20
even though I've done more miles in the V8.&nbsp; Avoid the diaphragms, =
the=20
embedded wires that hook to the frame pull out all to easily according =
to=20
several accounts.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I've recovered the roadster seats twice (the first =
seat were=20
poor quality) and the V8 once, and kept the foams which are original to =
the=20
cars, and have all been in good nick.&nbsp; Replacement foams are far =
too dense=20
- tops of thighs pressed up against the steering wheel and =
head&nbsp;tilted to=20
one side in a GT.&nbsp; A number of people say they've had to cut a =
slice off=20
the bottom, or drill a series of holes through.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Of course, how much 'sag' you get depends on how =
much you=20
weigh.&nbsp; The factory only allowed for 150lb per person =
...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>PaulH.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT><BR></DIV>I am finally addressing the =
driver's seat=20
  in my "new to me" MGB GT.&nbsp; When I sit in the driver's seat the =
cushion=20
  bottoms out so that I am being jabbed on both sides by the tubular=20
  frame.&nbsp; Not conducive to long distance driving.&nbsp; The foam in =
the=20
  seat must be original as it has turned brown in exposed areas and is =
way too=20
  soft.&nbsp; </BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>