[Mgs] Brake filaure

To: MGB List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] Brake filaure
From: Barrie Robinson via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2020 17:46:00 -0400

--------------5F8C3EA853ABFD3515F6C510

Hello folks,

I have a power assist brake system which after bringing out of winter
cover my MGB GT V8 exhibited brake failure  No brake fluid on the floor
but it did need topping up.   So added Dot 4 but still soft squashy
pedal.    Blowing/sucking  on tube to Edelbrock carb (I have a Rover V8
dropped in) it sucked but would not blow (I understand this is
correct}.  So we figured that the brakes need bleeding - is this a
correct diagnosis? Any tips for a non-brake but fairly well versed
owner.   If I stomped a lot on the pedal when engine running would that
put air into the brake pipes

Cheers
Barrie

--------------5F8C3EA853ABFD3515F6C510

  <head>

  </head>
        I have a power assist brake system which after bringing out of
        winter cover my MGB GT V8 exhibited brake failure  No brake
        fluid on the floor but it did need topping up.   So added Dot 4
        but still soft squashy pedal.    Blowing/sucking  on tube to
        Edelbrock carb (I have a Rover V8 dropped in) it sucked but
        would not blow (I understand this is correct}.  So we figured
        that the brakes need bleeding - is this a correct diagnosis?
        Any tips for a non-brake but fairly well versed owner.   If I
        stomped a lot on the pedal when engine running would that put
        air into the brake pipes<br>
        Cheers<br>
        Barrie<br>

--------------5F8C3EA853ABFD3515F6C510--