Re: [Mgs] Speedo cable stuck in speedo

To: dave via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Speedo cable stuck in speedo
From: Max Heim <mvheim@sonic.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 15:13:52 -0700
Cc: Douglas McKinnie <d.mckinnie@usa.net>
Iâ??m afraid your speedometer is damaged. If the cable protrudes too far into
the instrument, it will damage the whatchamacallit, and in your case it seems
to have happened â?? actually being stuck is a pretty good indication it went
in too far.

BTW this may have been the result of not having the proper washer on the other
end of the cable. But on MGEXP there have been reports of new cables that are
too long, as well.

Anyway, I don't think this is a home fix. Here are some resources:

Palo Alto Speedometer
Nissonger
Mo-Ma Instruments

--