mini-baja

total reduction

To: mini-baja@autox.team.net
Subject: total reduction
From: "arvind chhikara" <arvind1122@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 20:36:52 +0530
hi!
how  much reduction do u guys go for . last year we used a reduction of
42.22 in low gear and 8.2 in high gear for south african competition
we thought it was too big a reduction and were wondering what is the common
reduction (approx.) in US competitions.
this reduction was achieved by CVT and double chain reduction. Reduction in
CVT  with a high ratio 3.95:1 and an overdrive of 0.76:1 and reduction in
each step of chain reduction equal to 3.286.
the total reduction thus comes out to be

3.286*3.286*3.95 = 42.22  in low gear
and
3.286*3.286*.76 = 8.2 in high gear

please tell me how much reduction do u guys go for.
thanks,
Arvind Chhikara,
Team captain, DCE mini baja