mini-baja

Rule Clarification's

To: <mini-baja@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Rule Clarification's
From: "Mahoney, John 11MAHONEY" <11MAHONEY@cua.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 11:20:19 -0500
Vehicle # Location ( 24.3-24.3)
 -In 24.2.1 it states that the # may be located either to the top of the roll
cage or the upper side of the frame.  Then in 24.3 it states that the # must be
on the front and both sides.  Does the # need to be on all four locations
(front, sides, and top)?

Kill Switch (32.6.1)
 -States that there must be  2 kill switches effecting the ignition and entire
electrical system of car.  However, in section 34.3 it states that the brake
light must be independent of the kill switch and remain operable.  So the kill
switch can't disconnect the entire electric system of the car?  Please Clarify

Fastener Grade (37.2)
 - Does the SAE grade need to be 5 exactly, or can a higher grade bolt be used?

Single Shear Connections (37.4)
 - States that OEM ball joints are the only exception. If I buy a tie rod from
a manufacturer, I am to believe that is OEM.  What is the SAE defintion of OEM?

Propeller Guards (38.3)
 - Does the guard need to be protected from beneath in the event of a rollover?

Technical Inspection (51.1)
 -States that the vehicles must arrive to safety inspection with empty fuel
tanks.  Will the Briggs and Straton inspector supply the fuel to fill the tank
for inspection?  Must we push the vehicle to the inspection since the fuel tank
must be empty?

Technical Inspection ( Part 2)
- States that the driver's equipment includes a helmet and wrist restraints.
Are wrist restraints mandatory?  Or are there other methods such as a net that
are allowed?