mini-baja

Splines

To: mini-baja@autox.team.net
Subject: Splines
From: "" <semperfi915@excite.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 18:38:40 -0500 (EST)
Hi all!  I am with Cornell's Mini Baja team and we are planning to run a
Polaris P-90 CVT.  The driven pulley is splined and we need to manufacture a
shaft with the correct spline to attach it to.  None of us really have any
experience with splining and we were wondering if anyone has any advice for us.
 Especially we were wondering if any of the teams who have used the P-90 before
know any good companies to purchase the tools needed to make such a spline?
Thank you and really any advice is much appreciated.
                                 -Michael

P.S. the exact specifications for the spline we need can be found here
http://www.polarissuppliers.com/sae_team/spline.htm