mini-baja

Re: TYRES

To: Vinayak Garg <vinayakgarg@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: TYRES
From: Sam Drake <drake@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 11:39:56 -0600 (MDT)
On Mon, 22 May 2006, Vinayak Garg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to know that if we use 25inch dia tyre with a width 0f 13inch at
> rear, and of width 10 inch in front, then would it be fine ??
>
> Also, what is the way to order FOX Shockers ??
>
> --
> Vinayak Garg
> Indian Institute of Techonology, Delhi
> India

This year, we ran 25 X 8 X 12 (outer dia X width X rim dia) ATV tires on
12 X 7 rims.  Previously, we ran 22 X 8 X 10 ATV tires on 10 X 6 rims.
In both cases, the tires are front tires from four wheel drive ATVs (All
Terrain Vehicles or 4-Wheelers).  I know that the newer Polaris ATVs use
the 25 X 8 X 12 tires on the front.

See http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/ATV and look at the specs.

I am not sure how available these tires are in India.  Also, I would
recommend running all tires the same size and you do not have enough power
to worry about running wider tires.

Sam Drake
University of Utah