Summer project day three &four

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Summer project day three &four
From: NKED65A@prodigy.com ( BOB NOGUEIRA)
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 1996 07:26:06, -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

Ahh you ask "where have you been?"  Did he leave Dallas (102 F) to go
the Detroit (75 F) to take Will up on the request for help with his
little engine?

As much as I would like to,  Will sounding like the kind of guy who
would make working on one of those little engines fun, I have been here
sweating it out .  Yesterday I did  get the wood treated with epoxy,
Thanks again for the suggestion John, and the under side of the panel
painted in a zinc chromate.  Problem was since I needed to go out to
get the epoxy and paint I decided to sleep in . By the time I got the
stuff and back it was  eleven and 98 (F) in the garage. I did manage to
get a little done and  had to quit for the afternoon . By evening I re-
enterd to garage (93 F) and painted .
This morning I got up at 5 am (85F) and started installing the panel.
It fit up perfectly and appears to need no filler anywhere.  Did run
into two unexpected problems . The right door hinge screw round out
thus requiring very careful drilling to remove, and the rust along the
back panel on both sides was much more wide spread than I thought it
would be.
It extends from the half round toward the middle  about three inches..
It appears that the crack in the paint along the half round allows
water
to enter and travel under the paint.
My plan for a fix to this problem is to paint the back panel without
the half round then install the half round and paint it . This should
prevent water penetrating to the metal,

Getting out to the garage at  5 seems to work well since it allows me
to get in six hours before every thing turns to hell.

Tomorrow I will finish sanding and feather edging the thousand and one
paint chips  and hopefully be able to shoot primer.

Bob Nogueira   " If I owned Texas and I owned Hell,
                                I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell !!!