Morgans in UK

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Morgans in UK
From: ROGER_GATES@TMD.CCMAIL.CompuServe.COM
Date: 10 Jul 96 08:57:43 EDT
     Hi

     I have just worked out how to use this system.

     I own a 1971 4/4 2 seater and a 1934 Matchless engined Sports 3
     wheeler.

     I have owned the 4/4 from 1980 and until Xmas 1980 used it every day
     covering 150000 miles commuting to work. I am now nearing the
     completion of a ground up rebuild, new chassis, lots of new wood, new
     wings, rebuilt mechanicals etc. All that remains is the paint trim and
     electrics. I visited the Morgan factory yesterday to order the trim
     materials and hope to have the car back on the road Januaey 1997.

     The 3 wheeler I have owned for 18 months and is awaiting completion of
     the 4/4 before its rebuild is started. The engine is a MX sidevalve
     but I ahve most of the parts to convert it to MX4 OHV spec. is there
     anybody who has undertaken this mod with regard to the mods required
     to the crankcase.

     I am also trying to trace the history of the 3 Wheeler but have drawn
     a blank in the UK as the car was exported to the USA some time in its
     life, it was reimported to the UK by a dealer in January 1992. The
     chasis number is D850 with a MX watercooled sidevalve engine converted
     to aircooled heads and barrels, the body style sports at the front
     with two doors but a supersports rear end finished in red with black
     wings. Any ideas?

     Roger Gates