Re: Plus 8 Engines

To: Murray Wood <murray@sonic.net>
Subject: Re: Plus 8 Engines
From: Martin Kurrein <mkurrein@mkurrein.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 06:58:49 +0100
In message <199607180417.VAA31915@sub.sonic.net>, Murray Wood
<murray@sonic.net> writes
>Since BMW purchased Land Rover and Morgan uses V8's from Land Rover, what V8
>engine will Morgan use in the future in its Plus 8's?  Will Land Rover
>continue its V8, or will it use BMW engine and in turn will Morgan use a BMW
>engine?  Does anybody know?

Apart from the factory no-one knows for sure.

The Rover (ex Buick) V8 is *lot* cheaper than the BMW and unless Rover
switch I doubt Morgan will. On the other hand the Range Rover now has
the BMW diesel in it, and I have heard rumours of a Mog at the factory
with a BMW V8 in it!
---
Martin Kurrein               |     No brilliance is needed in the law.
mkurrein@mkurrein.co.uk      |     Nothing but common sense,
http://www.mkurrein.co.uk/   |     and relatively clean finger nails.
                                                        John Mortimer