Oil spots, was: radiator caps

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil spots, was: radiator caps
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 15:15:02 -0400
Bob N. writes:

>If your seal continues to hold and you start missing the oil spots in
>your driveway let me know, I've got lots to spare and will send you all
>you need  :)  Bob Nogueira

This is exactly why I love owning these cars; the level of concern and
sharing expressed by my fellow Morgan owners is heartening!  However, Bob,
I'll pass on your kind offer.  In fact, my driveway is still not lacking in
oil spots.  I still have the '63 MGB (whose engine never even had a rear
seal).  I have a friend with a TVR, and his car's tubular frame leaks oil
(not to mention the TR6 engine he has in the car)!  Yes, the tubular frames
in TVRs were sealed up with oil in the inner spaces, and his has rusted thru
and drips...  You get a real gusher if you jack up the front end!  Sigh.
Gotta love it!

Will Zehring