Re: Delivery or collection (UK only)

To: c.butter@umds.ac.uk (Colin Butter)
Subject: Re: Delivery or collection (UK only)
From: ebrown@ms.com
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 11:55:52 -0400
     Those of us who can only dream about picking a car up on Pickersleigh
     Road and driving it home want to say to our colonial master cousins:
     Go pick the dam thing up yourself, shake Charles Morgan's hand,and
     drive it home!

     However,having been through the plant and having seen the cars in the
     despatch bay and then having driven the motorways from
     Malvern/Birmingham back to London, I know that the drive is no treat
     in an open car, let alone an open car that is a factory fresh Morgan.

     I'd go pick the car up, take it to a good dealer in the Malvern area,
     let him put the stuff that's loose back on, bolt on the fenders, fix
     the lights, hook up the exhaust the right way around, fasten the seats
     to the floor and aim the headlights and put oil in the crankcase.

     Then I'd  tool back through the Cotswolds, after going through the
     Malvern Hills, swing by Oxford, go to Blackwell's then have some lunch
     in the neighborhood and then put the car on a flatbed truck and have
     it schlepped back to London.

     (I know you said "UK only" but you know how we Yanks are! Couldn't
     resist! Congratulations and enjoy!)

     Chip Brown