shafted

To: "aMORGANS@autox.team.net" <Morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: shafted
From: "Stephen F. Bauserman" <sbauserm@actsnet.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 21:34:05 -0500
Help!  I was drivng the 4/4 to San Antonio Monday at about 6:00AM.  I was
driving at about 60 MPH on I10 when the car felt as if it was going to fly
to pieces.  I pulled over only thing I found was the exhaust had come lose.
I drove the car (5 mph) to the nearest exit found a shop with a lift and
got it in the air.  Found the problem.

The yolk on the drive shaft coming out of the transmission and in front of
the fron U-joint has about a 3 degree bend in it.  I have the interior out
and a new yolk to put in it.  My problem is I can not get the drive shaft
to slide out of the transmission.  My local shop that normaly works on th
Mog is backed up 6 - 8 weeks (Is this backlog a Morgan thing?) and said to
saw the old yolk off at the bach of the transmission and unbolt the tail
housing.  Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Steve Bauserman
sbauserm@actsnet.com
67 Morgan 4/4
83 Mercedes 300SD