Stalling

Subject: Stalling
From: sbauserman@actsnet.com
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 08:54:59 -0500
Scarlet is together and the engine starts, it idles fine when started,
drives great, plenty of power but now it wants to stall after being driven
for as little as a block.  If I pull the choke out and increase the idle to
about 1500-2000 RPM it will not stall.

The timing is right.  Plug gap is right.  I put a new spacer and gasket
under the carb (round Weber DCD1).  No play in shafts in carb.  The intake
exhaust manifold bolts are tight (new lock washers).

I have turned the mixture screw in and out and notice no difference in this.
I believe this is significant, but am unsure a what to do about it.  I was
always told Weber meant "don't touch it" in French.

I think it must be carb/fuel related, but I am running out of ideas.
(However, Chuck, I am not ready to give up, put a bow on the bonnet and send
her to you.)

Steve Bauserman
67 4/4 Series V Competition