Re: Question: Chassis Bend

To: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Question: Chassis Bend
From: Arlin Robins <arlin@slip.net>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 21:43:51 -0700
Bob Nogueira wrote:

> -- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --
>
> Hey Moggers
> Has anyone found or read of a  fix  for the  problem of the Morgan chassis
> bending upward aft of the rear axle?
>
> Duchess has developed the problem and I spent the day straightening  it out.
> The cause in her case, is the axle fixing plate had rubbed on the chassis
> causing a weak spot which developed a crack.
>
> Thanks
>
> Bob Nogueira

Bob,
        Sounds like the "kick-up" problem Fred addresses in his book. He
suggests welding an "L" angle iron (or a steel equivalent) to the inside
of the weakened section of the chassis. I'll be out under my car
tomorrow (barring rain) checking to see if I can wait to make this
modification or not.  Good luck to both of us.
Michael Jhon