Chassis Bend

To: "aMORGANS@autox.team.net" <Morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Chassis Bend
From: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 28 May 98 07:14:31 -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

Well the consensus appears to be to beef up the area with a plate so I
pulled out the ol' MIG welder  ( gotta  remember to kiss that wonderful wife
of mine who bought it for me ) ,  dug  out  Duchess original chassis and cut
out a two foot section.  Worked out perfectly !
I  put the  plate on the outside being as the exhaust pipe will cover the
area and the springs will need all the room the can find.

Now its back to painting the chassis and bugging the machine shop to finish
the crank and block.
With luck I should have Duchess  back on the road just in time for the 100
degree summer heat .

Thanks to all for the suggestions

Bob Nogueira .