Fuel & oil pressure gauges

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fuel & oil pressure gauges
From: Oddcarnut@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 14:16:51 EDT
Hello everyone.

On the way back from the MOG South meet last weekend, Notakit's occasional
dribble from the oil gauge turned into a flow.  Alas, the oil leak is in the
gauge not just the line fitting.  Also the fuel gauge is not the proper one.
So I guess it is time to fix the gauges.

Does anyone have a good used black faced oil and or fuel gauge they are
willing to part with?  I'd consider a complete 4 in 1, but I don't really need
the amp & temp gauges.  I have an "F" series fuel sending unit, which if I
understand things, means I need the fuel gauge that has the coils and floppy
needle (as opposed to the gauge which uses the bi-metal spring to move the
needle).

Anyone fixed an internal leak in the oil pressure gauge  before?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Ken Payne, 63 Plus 4 4seater