Re: Gas Filler

To: RCooperman@aol.com, morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Gas Filler
From: Jane McDaid <Murphys@ziplink.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 1998 13:36:28 -0400
At 09:28 AM 7/28/98 EDT, RCooperman@aol.com wrote:
>I have a 1967 4/4 and recently replaced the back body panel around my spare
>tire.  The new panel is aluminum and has been installed on the car and
>painted.
>
>Question:  How do I re-attach the gas filler pipe (the piece with the gas
cap)
>to the back panel?
>
>I tried epoxy and it broke loose.
>
>Richard Cooperman
>'67 Morgan 4/4 with a loose gas filer pipe

On my '67 +4, I couldn't figure out how to get the filler off the panel
(steel) when I had it apart for painting. It appeared that a flanged collar
around the filler neck on the underside of the panel was soldered to the
filler neck. No threads on the neck, and no rubber gasket in evidence,
either. We just cleaned the metal up to the edge and painted.

Please don't tell me I'm too dense to maintain a Morgan, but this thing
really baffled me. However, that didn't stop me from getting the car back
on the road and enjoying its bumpy ride!

Jerry Murphy
'67 +4 6676