Re: disk to wire

To: "aMORGANS@autox.team.net" <Morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: disk to wire
From: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 98 14:22:00 -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

Will;
I know of what you speak. The MGB is a boga bear to convert to wires as the
the rear axles differ. Morgans on the other hand require , I believe, only
new hubs,  wheels and knockoffs. Ball park figure for the conversion would
be about 1000 dollars   (  about half of which could be recouped  with the
sale of the old disk wheels which are almost impossible to find )
British Wire Wheels ( http://www.brainiac.com/british_wheel/ )  can supply
all that is needed for a conversion.
Note that you can save 20 to 30 %  of  BWW  & Moss price by getting them
through one of the  suppliers.   George Merryweather supplied me with two
new 60 spoke wheels from BWW  for  $225.00  FOB  Dallas .

Happy Motoring

Bob  Nogueira

( Okay pay  up Harris , I told you I  could be nice to Will  if I tried )