RE: Highest Speed So Far

To: MOGOWNER@aol.com, alevisen@gdhscats.org, Morgans@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: RE: Highest Speed So Far
From: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 12:07:48 -0400
I agree.  The best sensation of speed I can remember is as a passenger in a
Lotus Seven, with the little posts on the side of the road passing like a
picket fence and the windshield located somewhere near my toes.  Driving the
car was not nearly as scary; at least I had control of the car.

On the other hand, it's difficult to keep the lab. GMC Suburban below the
legal speed limit, especially on straight roads.  Doing 100 km/h feels
mundane.

I think there must be some relationship between the sensation of speed and
the distance from the pavement.

Chuck Vandergraaf
'52 +4