side curtains

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: side curtains
From: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 10:07:13 -0500
Dear all:

Okay, I'm pretty dang sure I'm going way out on a limb here, but I just
need to make sure.  I've also come to the conclusion that I need to re-do
my side curtains.  They're pretty badly scratched and the felt is missing
in one or two groves so they're loose and rattle like hell (like this is
otherwise a nice quiet car...).  On top of that, a member of my local
car-guy support group did the same on his MGA curtians, and they make the
car look much better!  Anyway, after taking a ride in a +4 DHC (what a fine
car!  I'm desperately jealous of all DHC owners now), with its glass
windows, it got me to thinking... why can't you put glass into the side
curtain frames?  Too much weight?  Of course, you'd be an idiot not to use
safety glass, which is heavier, but is it THAT much heavier that the
aluminum frame and/or mounts are just not up to the task?

I'm pretty sure I'm way wrong about this idea (I can't have been the first
one to think of this, and they've been making side curtians for two or
three centuries now, right?), but I need one or two of my morgan list pals
to really shoot holes in this idea (and mercillesly flame me in the
process) before I drop it completely.  Bob N.?  Chuck H.?  Give me your
best shot!

as usual,
Will Zehring

p.s. "Red River" huh... great film!