RE:Leather Care

To: "'morgans@autox.team.net'" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE:Leather Care
From: Armando Picciotto <apicciotto@nvusd.k12.ca.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 12:00:42 -0800
When I had the interior of my +4 re-done in leather about a year ago,  I
asked the owner of the upholstery shop what was the best oil/whatever I
could use to protect it.  Believe it or not, he passed up the opportunity to
sell me some expensive spread and told me, without hesitation, that the best
thing you can do to leather upholstery is to leave it alone.  He then
proceeded to show me a flier from his leather supplier that pretty much said
the same thing.  As a matter of fact, the flier insisted that ANY gunk you
put on leather harms it in some way or another, some more than others.
Supposedly, you don't want to interfere at all with the natural oils that
are already in the leather to begin with.  So, I've resisted all temptations
to apply those lovely smelling, great sounding concoctions and so far so
good, but it's only been a bit over a year...

Armando Picciotto
'63 +4