RE: To buy restored or self restore

To: "'John'" <jjs3rd@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: RE: To buy restored or self restore
From: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 11:31:32 -0500
John,

Think of it in terms of thermodynamics.  Once you send the parts of
grandfather's Morgan out to various purchasers, it will take a lot more
effort to get them back together again.  For many parts this may not matter,
but is important to keep the engine and chassis together.

My recommendation is to find a good home for the car and give somebody the
pleasure in restoring the car.  There should be enough respondents on this
mailing list to know of somebody who has the resources to tackle a 40-year
old 4-seater.  That way the car can be reborn instead of having the parts
recycled. I'm all in favour of recycling, but recycling takes a distant
second to rebirth.

With apologies to GM, remember that your Grandfather's Morgan is not "your
father's Oldsmobile."

Chuck Vandergraaf
'52 +4
Pinawa, MB