Re: Air Seat Bladders

To: Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Air Seat Bladders
From: scott.barrie@CIMtegration.com (Scott Barrie)
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 19:14:40 -0500
I have to say that I'm astounded to read that a new set of bladders costs
$225.00. I bought some from the factory about 15 years ago and while I
don't remember what they cost I do know that it was much, much (...much)
less than that. Okay they're no longer availble from the factory so that's
all irrelevent. Granted.

But the point I want to make is that my new ones are not bound up
innertubes like my original ones were. They're made of a rubber impregnated
fabric and are simply miniature air mattresses like those one might use on
a camping trip or at the beach. If I was faced with the prospect of paying
$225.00 for new ones I'd sure be tempted to go to a camping store, buy an
air mattress or two, then getting a utility knife and some appropriate
adhesive and seeing what happened.

Cheers

Scott Barrie
'63 Plus Four