Re: Brake Master, etc.

To: <Mog47@aol.com>, <DGreimel@aol.com>, <Phil.Roettjer@quantum.com>,
Subject: Re: Brake Master, etc.
From: "Greg Solow" <Gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 21:38:03 -0700
A residual pressure valve is for use with disc not drum brakes.  If you were
to put one in the line to the rear brakes, they would not release properly
when you released the brake pedal.  If your rear brakes were locking up
prematurely, then the thing to do would be to install an adjustable
proportioning valve inthe line to the rear brakes.  Then you could adjust
down the rear braking effort until it was just right.  We do that for racing
and it inmproves the braking performance dramatically.  We install one inch
diameter wheel cylinders in the rear and then use a proportioning valve to
reduce the rear braking effort until it is appropriate.
                                                Regards, Greg Solow