Re: Fwd: Re: Movin' on & smoggin'/one last time(really!)

To: lambroving@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Movin' on & smoggin'/one last time(really!)
From: Kit Hildreth <krisbox@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 10:00:33 PDT
Ah! Hi Willie! I had intended to "move on" regardless but you of course
deserve a reply! I should say that I knew you'd get it one way or another
and you confirm my opinion that you're a good sport and are very open minded
and well-informed - admirable qualities in my book. To be frank, my comments
on Fink & Rutter were intended mainly "in passing". But when people cast
aspertions or make personal remarks, I feel compelled to respond at least
partially in kind. One odd thing I've noted: we Plus 8 owners tend to be a
little "apart" from the others - it was the same thing @ Smogmog too, oddly
enough. It must be the "Jeckyll & Hyde" aspect +8's engender! They
definitely bring out the devil in one if driven hard! You've got it
absolutely spot-on as regards the attitude of UK moggers: they're probably
wondering what on earth those Americans are getting their knickers in a
twist for THIS time! Although I get the impression that "netting" is still
not very common over there yet.I must say though I envy your jaunts in a +4
Super Sports - considered the ultimate Morgan, since it retains the sweet
handling so charactertistic of earlier Morgans, unlike our beast when giving
it "a bit of welly"(a.k.a "peddle to the metal.") To be frank, your
potential post leaves me somewhat @ a loss for words (ya got me!) in that
I'm not sure what it means to be frank (translation please!). On the other
hand, I can't see anything that would leave the site dripping with
radioactivity, so go ahead and post by all means! I must say that remark
about Americans beng more than willing to argue from a position of ignorance
most telling! We Limeys (most of us, anyway!) wouldn't have the nerve!
all the best, Kit