RE: 4-4 Series 1 Model

To: "Ken & Janet Hill" <jhv.morgan@lineone.net>, <tjsouz@epix.net>,
Subject: RE: 4-4 Series 1 Model
From: "Ross Jones" <rossjones@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 15:00:23 -0400
Last year I received, as a gift, a 1/18 scale model of a Morgan 4/4 Series
II. The model was already assembled and made of metal and plastic. It is
absolutely the finest model car I have ever seen. It was made by KYOSHO. The
gift was from a co-worker, as repayment for my fixing her computer. Her
husband owns a Ford Model A parts store here in Lancaster, Pa. and travels
to shows all around the country, where he found this model. They refused to
tell me the cost, except that it was expensive.

The doors and bonnet open, the engine is detailed, and the steering wheel
turns the wheels. Even the seats are made of some soft material that feels
real.

Don't know if this company makes a Series I model, but this is the highest
quality model car I have ever seen. This model was, in fact, a deciding
factor in my wife "allowing" me to purchase my 1987 4/4 in March.

The model I have is British Racing Green, and I would love to have one that
matches my Rosso Red '87 with tan interior. After I got my real Morgan, this
same co-worker gave me a Vitesse Series II 4/4 in bright red. Don't know the
scale, but it is about 3.5 inches long, and totally inferior in every
respect. There was a price tag of $25 on this model.

Anyhow, I was using TrueSpace (a 3-D modeling program) to digitize my actual
Morgan, complete with opening doors, bonnet, everything. But I decided that
this KYOSHO model was so good, it would be easier to use the model for my
project. I plan to post the finished 3-D model on this group. You can turn
the car to any position, apply any paint color, and place it in any
environment. Then you render a finished picture that looks just like a
photograph. Have this thing about 50% complete. For any other 3-D modelers
out there, it can be used in AutoCAD, RayDream, and any program that reads a
DXF or COB file.

If anyone knows of a better model maker than KYOSHO, let me know. The
absolute worst model I have is an English made 1/25 scale of my old Daimler
SP-250. If I would like find a good model of the Daimler in the 1/18 scale.
Plus a TR3 and a '60 MGA to complete my collection.