'MOTORISED' MODEL CARS OF THE 1950S

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: 'MOTORISED' MODEL CARS OF THE 1950S
From: ROWEMOGS@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:39:27 EDT
Gentlrmen and Ladies,

You may recall I instituted enquiries a month or two back about a 7 inch
remote control model of a First Generation Corvette model made in the mid
1950s in Hong Kong.  I came to the conclusion that the model (Where neither
the box or model actually calls the car a Corvette) was one of a 120
Sportsman Red '54 'Vettes since the later Gypsy Red is a bright blood
(Ferrari?) red.

Now I have a poser for you which is the other way round!  It is a mid 50s
model (where neither the box or model itself states what it is) about 6 1/4
inches long (and comes as a kit) of a motorised Jaguar 'D' Type.  It is
called on the box an 'International Sports Racer' - does a yellow D Type with
the race number '80' have any historic competition significance in the US?
It is Kit No.669M and was made by Lindberg Products Inc of Skokie, Illinois -
does the firm still exist making models?  Any information on the above would
be gratefully received.

Best wishes,

Chris Rowe