Re: ConMogCon?

To: "Colin Cobb" <cobmeister@zianet.com>,
Subject: Re: ConMogCon?
From: " LMG@GoMoG " <gomog@angelfire.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 19:09:55 -0400
---
LMG
GoMoG at
http://www.angelfire.com/mi/GoMoG/

Hi Colin,

Your idea of an internet-based Morgan mega-club is a
 natural progression from what seems to be developing
  almost by itself on the internet Morgan world without
 encouragement or cost.

Between a more elaborate Morgan web site,the expanding
Morgan Registry and this Morgan List, we are well under
way to creating your ConMogCon or NetMog or InterMog or
 whatever. We seem to have a clubhouse, a list of
 members and one long ongoing club meeting happening
 already.

Even more than most Morgan owners, I am isolated where
I live. But the internet gives me more Morgan
interaction and fun than I imagine is possible for most
 even in high Morgan density England. This is true for
 many many of us here.

But how would the now operating Morgan clubs here
 react?  And what would be expected from ConMogCon?
Should it be North American or internet based or both?

You've mentioned;

1. Centralised membership, registry and dues

2. Local Chapters

3. a Monthly Magazine (with lots less ads than
Miscellaney and lots more relevance to those of us
 outside England please!)

4. Centralised Regalia Sales

5. an internet "clubhouse" with a "chat" facility and
 Morgan mail list

6. a yearly convention

7. Group insurance rates

8. I would add the possibility of internet live forums
 with invitee speakers..discussing Morgan issues from
 new models and group insurance to front suspensions
 and over-heating. Hell, if Gore can do it why not us..

Curiously..we already have a lot of this..it is just a
 question of organizing things under one umbrella using
 the energy already being expended.

What do you think?

Lorne