RE: Clarification of ignition warning light question!

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Clarification of ignition warning light question!
From: Phil Roettjer <Phil.Roettjer@quantum.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 06:29:09 -0700
Steve,
>From your description of the ignition light I would guess that it is only
being supplied voltage from the generator and that for some reason the
battery side is grounded. Normally the way this circuit works is that the
light is connected to the battery on one side and to the output of the
generator on the other side. So when you turn the ignition switch on you get
12 Volts from the battery applied to the light. After you start the engine
and the generator is putting out 12 Volts the voltage across the light goes
to zero since you now have +12 Volts on both ends and the light goes out.
The connections to the light go through the voltage regulator, so I would
guess that if it worked before but now doesn't work that something is not
working correctly in the voltage regulator. Good luck.

Regards,
Phil Roettjer
67 +4