Re: Clarification of ignition warning light question!

To: Phil Roettjer <Phil.Roettjer@quantum.com>
Subject: Re: Clarification of ignition warning light question!
From: "Ernest(Chip) Brown" <Chip.Brown@msdw.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 11:09:17 -0400
Hey Phil: since I don't have a generator light now, I am reading your
email with great interest. I guess what I don't get (yet) is where's the
ground? If the output from the generator is grounded, the generator
won't generate. But if the output from the battery isn't  grounded on
the other side of the light, the light won't come on. There has to be a
ground that is broken when the generator starts generating. Out of
complete ignorance, that would seem to suggest somewhere in the voltage
regulator there's a contact that pops open when the generator is
charging, which shuts the light off. Am I wacko here?

Chip Brown