exhaust manifold and more

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: exhaust manifold and more
From: Gerjan van de Walle <gerjan.vandewalle@village.uunet.be>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 21:11:50 +0200
Hi all,
I have recently taken over a 1974 +8 from my dad, who owned it since
new. It is still in original condition, original paint, leather interior
etc. Technically however some things have to be improved. I would like
to consult all you out there on a few things:

1. Both exhaust manifolds each have a large crack in the middle, almost
splitting the manifold in two halves. Now I was told that the manifolds
of this particular type were not available anymore. There are two
numbers on each manifold:
 612601  and  K WYF J5090.
Are these manifolds still available??? And if so, where can I buy them?

Are there any major parts suppliers in the UK or on the European
continent?

2. The car also vibrates enormously at around 80 km/h (50 m/h). The
whole front of the car vibrates vigourously and it really dangourous to
to drive at that speed. The wheels have been balanced, the front
suspension has been overhauled, but without success. Now a damper has
been mounted between steering arm and chassis and this helpes a bit. But
the real ploblem is still there. Does anyone have a clue?

Gerjan van de Walle
Belgium