RE: Dirt in the Petrol Tank

To: "Colin Cobb " <cobmeister@zianet.com>, "BobTescione" <mogman@rpa.net>,
Subject: RE: Dirt in the Petrol Tank
From: "carfindr" <carfindr@tiac.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 19:02:32 -0400
Hi Colin,

Whilst it's true, using a coating on the inside of the tank is no
substitution for replacing the tank. I can personally vouch that after
having a sealer in the tank of my Jaguar for more than SEVEN years, I STILL
have no problems or large chunks floating around - (read 'none').
Furthermore, I can't say that I actually know of anyone who had chunks
floating around in their tank after doing this - do you? The bottom line is,
the stuff works - it's just like painting the inside of the tank with
gasoline proof paint that's all - it's a cheap and quick fix.

The alternative is a new tank - which is at least a hundred times more
expensive!

Jeff Webster
Buy Classic Cars from America!
Http://www.BuyClassicCars.com