A hero

To: "morgans@autox.team.net" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: A hero
From: Linda Eckler <morganspares@taconic.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 09:32:33 -0500
Just we  had accounted for everyone we knew closeby to the WTC, we were
devastated by the news that we lost Joe DeLuca.  I even called Psizer,
Joe's workplace, to confirm the news.  I still can't believe it.  He was
just here at our house on Saturday raving about lunch.  It was such a
perfect Morgan weekend.  I can still hear him telling his joke about
filling up his bathtub and pretending he was the captain of a
submarine.  And Raymond the Cat is now lost.  I just can't believe it.

It is a comfort to know that Joe was a "do-er" and I am sure that if
reports are true that the men got together and tried to re-take the
plane, I am sure he was a part of the effort.  If the plane was aimed at
Camp David or Air Force One as it landed at Andrew's Air Force Base,
then Joe more than likely saved the President's life.  At the very
least, they saved countless lives by hitting a field, not injuring
anyone on the ground.  Truly, these people are hero's and I will
remember Joe as such.

Linda Eckler

///
///